The “4th Industrial Revolution” has the potential to create new and unimaginable opportunities for manufacturers who are innovative and agile.
Many large OEM manufacturers have started implementing a range of 4IR programmes. However, many small and medium sized businesses are still unclear about its real potential.
This Manufacturing Connect event is aimed at giving SMEs clear answers to some critical questions:
What exactly is “4IR” and what tools are available to help me starting my 4IR journey?
Is 4IR for everyone? Or is it just a concern of the biggest manufacturers?
How can I utilise 4IR to achieve my business objectives and keep up with a changing market?
- Hear from SMEs about their 4IR journey and what steps they took to embed a culture of continuous improvement
- Get the latest insights on what is needed to successfully implement a 4IR programme
- Learn how to encourage employees' commitment to 4IR initiatives
- Discover how Digital Catapult’s Tech Challenge is unveiling the North East’s most innovative digital solutions for the manufacturing sector
- Know how your EEF membership can be the doorway to your 4IR journey
- Learn how R&D tax credits can help you fund your 4IR transformation
- Find out about the resources, services and support EEF can give its members around 4IR, including the new online Problem Solving Network
- Leverage on the power of EEF’s network to solve problems and seize opportunities
Who should attend?
You will get the most value out of this session if you are…
Creating and deploying a strategy focussing on profitable business growth
- Starting on your 4IR journey and want to hear how others have dealt with the challenges they faced
- Struggling to drive a 4IR programme to modernise your manufacturing processes
This Manufacturing Connect Event includes an exclusive site tour and it’s FREE for EEF members.
Richard Halstead, Membership Engagement Director North, EEF
Naomi Morrow, Lead, Digital Catapult
Sandy Findlay, Partner Manager, Jumpstart
Richard Weston, Business Development Manager, Comau
||Registration, refreshments and networking
||How EEF can help you get the most out of 4IR - Richard Halstead, EEF Membership Engagement Director North
||Supporting Digital Solutions for the Manufacturing Sector - Naomi Morrow, Lead, Digital Catapult
||Discovering the latent value in innovation - Sandy Findlay, Partner Manager, Jumpstart
||Industry 4.0 - Richard Weston, Business Development Manager, Comau
||Embracing digital: A small business angle - Richard Egginton, Business Systems Manager at Sotech Limited
EEF will not normally refuse entry to events, however, it is our policy to not admit competitors of EEF or our host facility into Manufacturing Connect events.