- Network with your peers
- Share practice, expertise and know-how on relevant issues and challenges
- Find out first hand what the runway extension programme at Birmingham Airport will mean to the regions’ manufacturers and the economy
- Get connected with export and investment advice and support
- Experience a V-I-P airside and behind the scenes tour of Birmingham Airport
Hear from Birmingham Airport about what the runway extension programme will mean to the regions’ manufacturers and the economy.
We’ll also be sharing with you the findings of our report ‘The Shape of British Industry’ and you’ll be able to get connected with export and investment advice and support, from UKTI and Santander.
Capacity limit: 30
We anticipate high demand for this event. Be sure to book early to reserve your place.
Please be advised that delegates will be required to arrive promptly for 09:30 in order to pass through security checks prior to the event commencing. ID will be required.
Delegates will experience a VIP, airside and behind the scenes tour of Birmingham Airport.
- Richard Halstead, Region Director, EEF
- Jeegar Kakaad, Senior Economist, EEF
- Paul Kehoe, CEO and John Morris, Head of Corporate Affairs, Birmingham Airport
- Doug Mahoney, International Trade Director for the West Midlands, UKTI
- Adam Flanagan, Regional Director, Business Development, Santander Bank
09:30 Arrival at Diamond House Reception prompt
The delegation will be taken to registration and security check in.
10:30 Teas & Coffees and networking
10:45 Welcome and introduction
Richard Halstead, Region Director, EEF
11:00 The Shape of British Industry – key export and investment challenges and opportunities for manufacturers
Jeegar Kakaad, Senior Economist, EEF
11.20 Birmingham Airport Runway Extension Programme and what this means to the regions’ manufacturers
Paul Kehoe CEO of Birmingham Airport and John Morris, Head of Corporate Affairs
11:40 Panel and audience discussion on key issues
12:00 Lunch and networking
12:30 VIP, airside and behind the scenes tour of Birmingham Airport