Hear from award winning engineering and technology business Siemens I DT MC IC about their inspiring journey of efficiency.
Over the past decade the Congleton operation has been transformed from a manufacturer struggling for survival, to a multi-award winning facility. Accolades include multiple European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence awards, the Enworks Environmental Efficiency Award Runners up and the Siemens worldwide award for Environmental Management.
By 2015, Siemens Congleton hopes to win the coveted European EFQM Excellence Award, and in turn be regarded as a World Class facility.
This event also includes a site tour.
At EEF we put the hard work into Networking. Our Member Connect events are designed exclusively for EEF members enabling senior-level personnel to share best practice, enable opportunity and collaborate.
- Network with your peers
- Share best practice, expertise and know-how on relevant issues and challenges
- See first hand how Award Winning Siemens I DT MC IC is sustaining a culture of operational efficiency to achieve outstanding performance and competitiveness
- Get connected with operational efficiency advice and support
- Find out more about the benefits of Lean Manufacturing to your business
- Site tour
Capacity limit: 30
Please note that we reserve the right to decline attendance of those who may be viewed as being competitor organisations to the host site.
- Finbarr Dowling, Managing Director, Siemens Congleton
- Stephen Fitzsimons, Membership & External Affairs Manager, EEF
- Dr Steve Chicken, Operations Director, EEF
- Alex Bodie, Relationship Director, Lombard
- Terts Ashibi, Head of Operational Excellence, MedImmune
10:00 Registration, coffee and networking
Welcome and introductions
Stephen Fitzsimons, Membership & External Affairs Manager - EEF
Alex Bodie, Relationship Director - Lombard
Siemens I DT MC IC journey of operational efficiency
Finbarr Dowling, Managing Director - Siemens Congleton
Sustaining Lean – Re-establishing and Embedding Lean for the Long Term
Dr Steve Chicken, Operations Director - EEF
Operational excellence within biotechnology
Terts Ashibi, Head of Operational Excellence - Medimmune
Lunch and networking