In association with EEF, the German British Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Liverpool LEP and LCR 4.0, this event looks at the challenges for recruitment and training for businesses in the age of digitalisation and automation.
How will jobs change in the future and how can we communicate this to the education sector? The conference focuses on manufacturing, engineering and logistics. Keynote speeches and panel discussions will exchange understanding of the future employment needs of industrial companies.
Our CEO, Terry Scuoler CBE, will be speaking on 'The effect of digital on jobs in manufacturing'. Other speakers include Lord Mendelson (Chairman of Global Counsel and President of Policy Network), Dr Peter Ammon (German Ambassador to the UK), and Juergen Maier (CEO of Seimens UK), plus many more.
Following the conference, there will be a drinks reception and dinner which requires a separate ticket.
For more information on the event including agenda and speaker details, please visit the GBF Conference website.
The conference will explore:
- What are the aims of the UK's Industrial Digitisation Strategy? What is needed from education and business?
- What has been done to improve manufacturing processes? How is this affecting modern training and college courses?
- What is the future of moving products - Logistik 4.0 and "Smart Ports"?
- What does the future of food retail recruitment look like?
- How will transformation from a traditional industry to a digital/IT company be managed?