Making the step up to team leader is not always a smooth transition: from setting a strategic direction to giving feedback, settling into a leadership role can be quite challenging for many professionals.
EEF’s L&D expert Alison Valente will discuss the key skills, best practices and techniques that allow team leaders to be effective, retain their talent and maximise their performance.
Topics covered include:
- The important actions any new team leader should take from the start
- Biggest challenges new team leaders encounter and how to overcome them
- Most common mistakes and how to avoid them
- How to motivate and inspire a team to reach objectives
- How to grow and develop as a leader in the long term
Through a mix of examples, models and case studies, the webinar will give you actionable insights and practical advice on how to effectively manage and develop your team for success as a newly-appointed leader.
By attending this webinar, delegates will be able to:
- Assess and improve their effectiveness as the leader of a team
- Understand the key skills modern managers need and how to overcome key challenges they may face
- Motivate and develop the team to achieve greater performance and impact on organisational goals
- Provide constructive feedback to their team members and improve channels of communication with their team