A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the award winning EEF Venues in a pro-active sales capacity.
If you are an experienced and confident conference & events office team member in a busy sales office environment looking to make your first move into pro-active sales, then we want to hear from you. You might even already be a Sales Researcher wanting to take on more responsibility and feel ready to be developed into your first Sales Manager role, either way, we want to meet you!
The position will be based in the Midlands at our Warwickshire Venue in Leamington Spa but responsible for generating leads and securing new business into our two non-residential, dedicated conference venues, Broadway House in Central London & Engineers House in Clifton on the outskirts of Bristol. You will also work closely with our Sales Executive based at our residential flagship venue in Warwickshire, referring leads and converting cross-sell opportunity.
Following a £2m investment in the venues in the last 18 months and the appointment of a National Sales Team, we’re ready to build on the foundations and move our business to the next level.
Your roles and responsibilities…
- To penetrate and research regional and national databases across key industry sectors identifying decision makers and generating new conference leads for both venues
- To follow up lost and declined business on a weekly basis across both venues turning lost business into a new opportunity and a future customer
- To be knowledgeable and familiar with the competitor set, conducting regular competitor visits identifying new conference opportunities for the area for lead generation
- To generate and undertake regular show rounds of new clients at both venues
- To support both venues with consistent CRM call activity and drive growth of new key accounts
- To undertake telesales account management of our agency database where regional opportunity specifically for our locations exists and drive new enquiry revenue through this channel
- To maintain a focus of securing well qualified, face to face appointments with decision makers for the National Sales Manager
- To support the National Sales Manager in organising and hosting client events, attending networking events and industry shows where appropriate
The successful candidate…
- will have a strong background in the hospitality/conference industry and ideally currently be working in a busy conference and event sales office environment or in their first Sales Researcher role
- will have superb communication skills, both written and verbal and have an exceptional telephone manner
- will be highly self motivated and have the ability to manage their own time to ensure achievement of targets
- will be exceptionally presented reflecting the Company’s corporate image at all times
- will be incredibly passionate about sales and converting business
- will be hungry to progress and developed into their first sales managers role
Contact Sam on 07572 141025 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org