In this role, you will be working in event planning, coordination, administration and upselling; providing exceptional service to our customers and assisting our Conference Office Manager in achieving revenue targets, through converting incoming enquiries to confirmed bookings.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing exceptional customer service and who is looking to develop a career within the hospitality sector.
Woodland Grange is a beautiful 4-star conference venue, with 114 bedrooms and 26 meeting rooms. It is full of character, with state-of-the-art facilities, picturesque grounds and a convenient, central location. It is one of only fourteen conference venues in the UK to have achieved the Accredited in Meetings (AIM) Gold Award and is a Venue of Excellence, the highest measure of quality within the conference venue sector.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Liaise with clients regarding their event bookings, ensuring all their requirements are captured in advance of the event.
- Coordinating events; confirming rooms, accommodation, equipment hire, table plans, décor, catering and dinners etc.
- Receive clients for show round visits.
- Take telephone sales enquiries and convert into bookings by generating proposals and following up with clients
- Track provisional bookings and enquiries and follow-up as appropriate
- Assist the Conference Office Manager in the achievement of monthly sales revenue targets.
- Undertake telephone activity post events, as well as regular customer relationship management activity.
- Effective diary management, ensuring that conference rooms are sold at optimum capacity
- Offer general administration and sales related support to the Conference Office Manager.
- Prepare pro-forma invoices for the finance team to then issue to clients
- To work efficiently with the broader venues team.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience within the hospitality industry, or in a face to face customer service or events related role
- Experience of using Kinetics would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Self-motivated with a keen desire to progress and develop in the events and hospitality sector
- Professionally presented, reflecting the Company’s corporate image
- Passionate, energetic, confident, with exceptional people skills
Benefits & additional information:
- Standard working hours are 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri, however client meetings may occasionally need to take place outside of these hours
- Progression and development opportunities
- Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
- Private health cover
EEF require all job applicants to share our company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to interview you will be asked to demonstrate a good understanding and to provide examples of having delivered high levels of customer service.
Contact Polly on 07711 761301 or email email@example.com